This is a series I’ve been sporadically tweeting. This, for all aspiring writers, is what you need to know:
- All writers are allowed to stay in bed and still claim that they are ‘working’.
- Any writing done after six in the evening must be accompanied by red wine.
- Dressing gown, pyjamas and large woolly socks is acceptable workwear. In fact, it counts as ‘smart casual’.
- There is no such thing as too much stationery.
- Never refuse a free lunch.
- If you have to choose between grammar and style, go for style. Every time.